• High school diploma and preferably a degree in media, journalism, or human sciences.
• Basic knowledge of mobile phone technology.
Amid the speedy technological development and the digital boom affecting all aspects of life, a new type of audio-visual journalism emerged opening the door to recreational publishing, blogging and photography. As a result, people could now convey their digital journalistic production to wide audiences. When an event occurs, nothing is faster than a smart mobile phone to record the moment in sound and picture and communicate it immediately to an audience always eager for breaking news. In this course, participants will be taught how to make professional reports using the technologies available on their mobile phones.
By the end of this course, participants will:
• Use the mobile camera, record audio, and utilize editing programs optimally.
• Identify the fundamentals of shooting video with a mobile phone.
• Shoot, edit, and broadcast media content using a mobile phone.
• Explain the ethical issues governing the production of media content produced with a mobile phone.
• Understand mobile camera and montage programs:
- Image recording (variable focal length lenses).
- Suitable camera holder.
- Audio recording microphones.
- Available montage programs.
- Save battery energy.
• Basics of shooting video with mobile:
- How to handle and hold mobile for steady framing.
- How to play video on a mobile phone: settings.
- Basics of photography (frame, motion, and types).
- How to compress shots and the live streaming techniques.
• Content preparation and editing skills:
- How to make an interview.
- Accomplish a simple and effective montage.
- Import and export the project from the montage program and choose the final version.
• Ethical issues related to media production with mobile:
- Consent from individuals and obtaining permission for filming.
• A graduation certificate by Aljazeera Media Institute.