“Photography is the icon of reality” Ronald Mountain
Stills Photography is not simply a camera that everyone can buy and it is not simply pushing a button to shoot souvenir pictures. In spite of its apparent simplicity, stills photography is a noble art requiring a lot of technical and aesthetic skills in order to achieve creativity and the capability to shoot the reality with spontaneity and credibility. This training course will expose participants to the basics of stills photography and will help them to deeply understand it to enable them to record the reality around them in a more aesthetic and profitable way.
At the end of the course, participants should:
- Understand visual composition and use it in order to embody ideas and sensations.
- Become familiarized to the art of stills photography, understand its fundamentals and know its principal elements and tools.
• General introduction:
- Understand the rules for the correct composition of the image.
- The difference between digital cameras and filming cameras and types of cameras.
- The concept of art and reality in stills photography.
- Photography axes and their types.
• Shooting techniques:
- Introducing the stills photography tools.
- Introducing the camera components.
- Camera settings.
- Types of lenses, differences between them and uses.
- ISO and white balance.
- The concept of nature lighting and artificial lighting and how to use them.
- Studio Flash, Speed Light, Built in Camera Flash, Mixing Flash, Ambient Flash, Reflectors.
- The tripod, filters, their types and how to use it.
• Aesthetics and creativity in photography:
- The elements of image attractiveness.
- Understanding the criteria of picture quality.
- Handling the common mistakes in stills photography.
- Identify the most important obstacles in photography and how to overcome them.
A graduation certificate by Aljazeera Media Institute