Media Content Strategic Planning
• Five years of work experience for holders of media degree.
• Seven years of work experience non-media degree holders.
Media content is the primary product of the media industry, and it is the tool responsible for achieving the purpose of establishing the media institution and its strategic objectives towards the audience. This is the reason for which financial budgets are set and expenditures are made.
Therefore, the strategic planning of media content helps the media institution to detail the content capable of achieving the goals and objectives according to systematic basics, phases and determinants that should leave no room for randomness, improvisation or personal mood.
By the end of this course, participants will:
• Define concept of media institution's identity and strategic planning of media content.
• Analyze governing principles and production foundations for media content planning.
• Identify the stages of media content planning and prepare the strategic plan.
• Distinguish between types of problems that media institutions face.
• Basic introduction on media and planning:
- Types of media organizations and media content.
- Functions of media and the principles of media work.
- Concept of strategic planning for media content and its importance.
- Outcomes resulting from strategic planning for media content.
• Governing principles for media content planning:
- Overall media objectives.
• Production basics of media content planning:
- Subject scope.
- Geographic scope.
- Technical templates.
- Production unit and production location.
• Phases of media content strategic planning:
- Define the production principles.
- Distribute weekly broadcast sessions on the production principles.
- Distribute task to production units.
- Prepare the general framework for production units and the objectives matrix.
- Planning of the production units.
- Planning of episodes and preparing the weekly broadcast schedule.
• Chalenges in strategic planning for media content:
- Intellectual problems.
- Administrative problems.
- Financial problems.
• A graduation certificate by Aljazeera Media Institute.