Media Skills for Public Relations ( Evening )
• University degree in management or public relations.
• Experience in the field of public relations.
Media skills for public relations mean the ability to deal with the media and media professionals, and to talk to them and with them in a way that serves the institution, defends it and enhances its mental image, based on its mission, vision and strategic objectives, and define its position, works, achievements and aspects of distinction. It also means the ability to write to the press in its various forms, organize media events, understand the rules and skills of appearing in the media.
By the end of this course, participants will:
• Define the fundamentals of public relations and its importance.
• Develop media and communication skills.
• Apply techniques for managing events and media campaigns.
• Fundamentals of public relations and media:
- Introduction to understanding media work and its institutions.
- Importance of media for state and society institutions.
- Media qualifications for public relations staff.
• Communication and media skills:
- Skills of targeting media discourse.
- Skills of dealing with media organizations and professionals.
- Writing skills for the media.
- Speaking skills for the media.
• Planning and managing public relations:
- Skills of organizing media events.
- Skills of planning and managing media campaigns.
- Frequent problems and how to overcome them.
• A graduation certificate by Aljazeera Media Institute.